This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 830 Public Beta 5.44 Now Available

A new Beta software (5.44) for the Edge 830 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found Here.

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

(Note: Please include a copy of your debugging folder in your response email if you experience any issues)

Change History

Changes made from version 5.34 to 5.44:

• Added diagnostics to help track down an issue where the device can lock up.

Changes made from version 5.31 to 5.34:

• Fixed a crash on the keyboard page.
  • Fixed an issue that caused bike radar disconnections.

Changes made from version 5.28 to 5.31:

• Fixed an issue with sensors dropping out.
  • Fixed an issue where the device could become unresponsive.
  • Fixed an issue where ascent remaining was not properly calculated for segments embedded in a course.
  • Allow the elevation profile setting on the map to be maintained through future software updates.

Changes made from version 5.26 to 5.28:

• Made stability improvements including a fix for a potential device freeze.

Changes made from version 5.25 to 5.26:

• Fixed an issue where saved location names were drawn incorrectly on the map in night mode.
  • Fixed invalid Grit/Flow values appearing on the activity lap summary.

Changes made from version 5.24 to 5.25:

• Fixed an issue with 12-speed gear shifting systems.
  • Fixed the Indoor Trainer 'Remind Me' prompt to ensure it does not prompt again if the user declines the reminder.
  • Changed the trainer resistance data field title to Grade for better clarity.
  • Modified the prompt for LiveTrack auto start timeout to occur at most once per activity.
  • Fixed an issue with ClimbPro where some short climbs were not detected.
  • Fixed layout issues introduced on the Bike Lights widget.
  • Fixed an issue that caused POIs to show incorrect bearing and distance.
  • Only show Grit and Flow in the activity summary if they are valid.
  • Added letters to the Polish keyboard support Wi-Fi passwords that require non-Polish characters.
  • Fixed an issue that could keep the device from fully entering suspend mode.
  • I have installed it. I will make a ride this afternoon.

• Used it this morning for a three hour ride, with Vector pedals , Varia radar, HRM connected. Wasn't following a course. No problems, no disconections. 

• made 2 indoor rides, everything seems ok, anyway my problems (especially the wrong FTP Test calculation isn't fixed), the time drift that happened after change of winter/summer time fixed before, think it was more a prob of GE/GCM

• anyway my problems (especially the wrong FTP Test calculation isn't fixed

Could you report here your problems, please? 

I will install this beta and I can check for you and report to Garmin the same issues. 

• this are my 3 main things:

- vo2max will detected by Edge, but won't synced to GCM when Wifi is enabled, with GCM or GE sync (Wifi removed), it's OK
    - my calculation for Garmin FTP Test goes totally wrong, but think, it comes more from GC as from the device, because i had the probs on my old Edge 1030, Fenix 5 and now on my Edge 830 and my Forerunner 945
    - automatic FTP dectection only works, when i set my FTP to Zero and delete all my 4 personal records on Edge

not important, but have to be fixed:

-battery drain after power off cycle isnt't solved too, every power off cycle battery goes down arround 3%
      mean, when you power on your Edge and power off 30 times, you get arround 30% battery lost

• yesterday before i started an indoor ride my vector 3 connected as always, but during calibration i received 2 times a clibration error 1024, what means there was a pedaling detected, but sure, there wasn't.

After restart of Edge the calibration was OK and the recorded ride looks OK!

the first time since arround a half year that i received an error with my v3, so i don't know if it was coincidentally?

• Same for me. GCM sync won't work for me unless I turn off wifi.

• Still on 5.34 but suspect nothing related has changed in 5.44. I've seen some weirdness recently with power zones where my device says I'm in power zone 10 regardless of the wattage I'm doing. I went in to check my zone levels and ftp and they were all set corrrectly, came out again and power zones were back to normal.

Pic attached.

• i detected something strange too, when i look on Zone configuration on Edge my Zone 7 starts with 150% and ends with 1937%

Is this normal, i underand that Zone 7 ends on high Power, but 1937% looks impossible, or? Laughing

think 1000% are enough and you are on the save side, when you are a good sprinter! Joy