This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

load Focus / Exercise Load - Garmin Connect

Edge 830 provide Load Focus and Exercise Load data in Garmin Connect which is great for shaping your training to get the best results.  These figures are based on heart rate and time spent in specific zones during an activity over a specific period of time. Fenix 5 captures the same heart rate data for each activity to provide Training Effect details but does not make the same value add calculations either in the app or on the device.  

The data is exactly the same why isn’t the functionality aligned? Garmin product developers should have a standard set of requirements for performance data that need to be collected and calculations that should be made from this data.  Without alignment they are all just individual products doing their own thing not a group of devices helping people manage their performance and fitness.

Garmin Connect is the one common tool in the Garmin portfolio that is meant to bring together all your data from all your devices and provide you a one stop view of your activities and progress towards your goals. If every product collects data in different ways and does different thing with it how is the app meant to do this?

• Yes it is odd. I have an Edge 830 and a Forerunner 935. As an example of my issue, last week I did a bike ride with the Edge and it recorded 163 for the load. The Connect website showed 163 for the Edge, but on the Forerunner page the number was 135. Why does the activity for the Edge get downgraded when sent to the Forerunner section? I raised this issue with Garmin June 2019, but still not fixed.