This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to track a 3rd app's map in Indoor Training mode?

I use Rouvy (a Zwift competitor) to control my Wahoo Fitness Kickr Snap trainer. I simply choose a Rouvy route and ride it. Is it possible to track the Rouvy map in the 830 in Indoor Training mode? I realize the GPS is disabled by default, as it should be, in this mode.

NOTE that I do NOT want the 830 to control my trainer, but rather Rouvy to control it because i want ride the course with the Rouvy video.

Top Replies

All Replies

• If the Rouvy app has an option to export the course to .fit,gpx or tcx file you can ride the course on your edge using indoor mode. If the trainer has erg functionality it will typically adjust resistance to compensate for climbs. Your Edge 830 absolutely has this capability, the rest is up to the Rouvy App as well as the Kickr Snap.

• Yeah I just exported the route from the Rouvy site, so I'll try this. But how do I synchronize the trainer & 830, that is, start the 830 indoor route when I start riding the corresponding Rouvy route? Or do I just manually start the 830?

• you would transfer the .tcx course file from rouvy to the Edge 1030. Once you have done this power on your Edge 1030 and select training>Indoor trainer>Trainer Sensor>Pair ant+ Bike trainer>Select your trainer, it will appear as a pairing ID most likely>Follow a course>Select the course from rouvy that you have transferred to your 1030

The Edge 1030 will use the course data to give you resistance from the erg in your trainer and actually show you moving along the course on your map screen.

Personally this is one of my favorite features of current Edge models. 

• But I do NOT want the Edge to control the resistance on my trainer, I want Rouvy to to that.

•  I apologize for my misunderstanding.

The only way to show the course on the edge would be the way that I have previously described.

• Ok so there's NO way to do what I want then, that would be the answer.

• Hello, I`d like to use interactive trainer (Direto X) with Rouvy and Garmin as you described (I want solution when Garmin controls resistance). But I have one question. Rouvy doesnt have choice to disconnect contolable device, so I think there will be interference of two applications which want control resistence. I think, Zwift can disconnect controlling. Is it safe for trainers ?

• Yeah, like the accepted answer indicates. there's NO way to do what we want to do.

• I use Rovy and No. It cant be done. Have to record separate as Rouvy won't sync to Connect unless imported bot it don't count Training effect and the likes. Strava if connected will compare and only show Rouvy map. If double you can erase the Garmin because its still in connect