This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

TrainingPeaks-Garmin Edge sync

I have a weird issue with my Garmin 830. I have my training plan through TrainingPeaks and it syncs wirelessly. I have been noticing that any time there is a Repeat step, for example, repeat a few steps 2 times, it does not pick up the 2. It simply says Repeat 1 x and this is preventing me from doing the workout properly. The workaround we are using is to repeat the step in its entirety but this is cumbersome and a burden for any coach or athlete. Did any one notice this? 

Another issue i see is my training plan is set for the week on Sunday evening. most of the times, i try to update garmin on Sunday night. But if i forget to turn on the device on Sunday and start using it on Monday morning, sync happens but nothing shows up for Monday. The workout is there in TrainingPeaks but never shows up for that day. Garmin even has this workout in its workout library. Its just that it never shows up on calendar. 

Are you guys facing this issue? I formatted my firmware couple of times and ensured its running the latest version. for wireless sync, i use GC on iPhone X.

• Yes, noticed this also with one of my workouts from trainingpeaks where I have a short warmup followed by 6x times the same block. I read somewhere if there is no addtional block after a repetition part this can happen. So I have update the workout and added a cool down phase to it. Will test it this week, lets see..

And yes some of my workouts do not appear in the calender of the Edge unit or Watch (but I did not manage to see any pattern).

My workaround for that is to add some letters to the workout name in the trainingpeaks calander and than the workout appears on the garmin units after a sync.

Both not really user friendly..... :(

• Finally. I am scratching my head thinking why is it that I am the only guy seeing this issue Slight smile. Are you syncing with Wifi or through your computer/ mobile? 

Thanks for the tips above. i will give them a try. 

in my case, since the repeats are missing, my yesterday's workout according to device was 30+ mins while it should have been over an hour. that sucks for me as we cant pause the step in real time(even though we can repeat the steps by clicking some buttons, its not friendly  at all.

• Edge normally syncs via Wifi or phone and the Fenix 6 only via phone. 

To be honest, I only noticed this on the Edge because most of my workouts are cycling related. Syncing via Wifi or phone does not make any difference for me...

But I had, before I used trainingpeaks, also problems with the trainingplans from Garmin connect. With these everything synced without any issues to the watch, but with the Edge I had always issues.

• Thanks for the information. I’ll give that a try tonight. I use it exclusively for cycling. So, don’t have other types of plans. Have a nice day sir.

• Luckily I have never experienced this before.
    I'm also having a training plan via TP but the repeats so far have always been fine.
    For me it's mostly dropouts from power reading from my wahoo KICKR trainer that annoys me.

• Hey, short update.

Adding one addtional block to a workout after a "repeating step block"  does not change anything -.- Only one block gets executed by the Edge unit and thats it. So I will manually change this workout on trainingpeaks by putting the blocks in sequence one after another.

But this is not really an option if you have several of these workouts, a coach who forward the plan to you or simply you want to use your paid trainingsplan just like it is... 

However, the workaround of adding e.g. an addional letter to the workout name (which you want to execute on the same day) in Trainingpeaks will start somehow the sync process on the Edge and the workout appears on the unit. This works for me all the time.

• The latest Beta 5.25 seems to be awesome. Updates on Trainingpeaks are getting picked up without issues. Love the latest one. seems like i get to enjoy the 830 finally. You may want to try the new beta and see if its solving your issues.

• The latest Beta 5.25 seems to be awesome. Updates on Trainingpeaks are getting picked up without issues. Love the latest one. seems like i get to enjoy the 830 finally. You may want to try the new beta and see if its solving your issues.