This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training effect reset/resync

Hoping for an idea how to fix an issue. I had a race in early November that my HR strap went bonkers and read HR of 220 for a couple min. My garmin set that as my max and I didn’t notice. Since then the training status etc have been messed up and finally tracked it down to it auto updating the HR. 

Is there a way to force the app/desktop to redo or reanalyze the data? Or am I just dealing with it now thinking my last month was all Z2?  

• All the calculations are done on the Edge unit itself so you can't do much about previous activities with bad settings.  Everything should get back on track now you have got the correct settings.

• After a random device shutdown during an activity, the 2h moderate intensity workout got [de] evaluated: 

Training Effect 

0.2 No Benefit
    Aerobic
    0.0 No Benefit
    Anaerobic
    Exercise Load 
    Which is certainly a bug bu itself, still would be nice to have an option re-do that post ride.
  • Indeed. Got same issue once a week. Just got another one. It would be nice that Garmin gives some tools to fix these files to have real Load Focus. Atleast device still calculates training load correctly.

• I had the same issue. Tried to cut the offline part and upload the activity to the device, but it didn't sync. I wish Garmin would monitor these bug reports.

• I’ve run into a similar issue with a crash and reset of my Edge 530 at km 99 of a 100km training. Without even suggesting that it was a known issue that they’re working on, customer service basically told me ”too bad“. The excuse that it can only be done on the device at the time that it’s happening and never again makes little sense to me, especially in light of the fact that Garmin now assigns at least nominal TE and TL to fit files from external apps like Zwift. As this functionality already exists, we just need the ability to recalculate an interrupted or otherwise messed up file for the TE/TL at the end or a later date. The fact that Garmin‘s attitude toward their customers addressing longstanding issues like this is flippant is frustrating to say the least.