This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence from Wahoo Kickr

Hi all,

via Firmware Update Wahoo delivered cadence for its latest Kickr and Kickr Core.

I’m owner of a Kickr Core and would love to see cadence readings, however, I don’t get it when connecting Kickr Core as ANT+ indoor trainer to my Edge 830.

Anyone who had more success?

Regards,

Peter

• I was able to fix it. Removed other sensor which it seems connected despite it should not be active at all.

Since that I get cadence from the Wahoo trainer. 

• FWIW:  I have a Hammer trainer which also broadcasts cadence.  These trainers base cadence on power pulses rather than actual crank rotation.  I find a dedicated cadence sensor to be more accurate and reliable.

• You might be right. I want to give it a try. If I'm not happy with it, I still have a Wahoo cadence sensor.

However, I saw a video from GPLama comparing accuracy with the Favero Assioma pedals.
    And it was very accurate.

• Yeah.  I find it works well for normal pedaling.  Where I find issues is with fast cadence changes, cadence exercises at low resistance, single leg efforts and oddball stuff like that where there are not distinct power pulses for it to pick up on. 

Coincidentally, I use Assioma pedals on the road bikes as well, which of course directly sense cadence.  I've tried using them to as feedback to control the trainer in erg mode and found the trainer's power control and response works significantly better with its native power sensing.