This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GRouteLoader IQ app/widget

GRouteLoader is an IQ app/widget lets you download routes/courses directly from RWGPS or Garmin Connect to your Garmin Connect IQ enabled device using the number of the route/course.

GRouteLoader also lets you download your pinned routes from RWGPS.

There is the RWGPS IQ app but GRouteLoader lets you download any public route (that you have the number for).

It also lets you download locations from sendpoints.us (a website that creates a 4 digit number for a location you searched for).

There is a “widget” version (which can be used during an activity) as well as an “app” version.

Lots of detail here:

https://sites.google.com/view/grouteloader/grouteloaderiq

GRouteLoader can also be used to display a list of rides from websites like those run by bicycle clubs (the club has to code the website but it's not that hard).

• Thanks

I've been using this widget for a few months now - it's really handy if you're in the middle of an activity and need to route to a mid-ride cafe (or in my case, brewery).

It would be great if there was a keyboard to punch in sendpoint codes and RWGPS numbers but the widget is overall very handy and the only widget I use other than dynamic.watch. I don't know if there's a way of linking direct to iPhones but that's less of an issue.

Other than that, great job! Thumbsup tone3

• You have to enter 4 digits when using sendpoints. And more to enter the course number.

Enter the last number twice to make the "done" selection (rather than scrolling to the "done" item).

========================

Yes, the way you have to enter numbers is kind of a pain.

Writing the code for the keypad is on the list but it's going to take a couple of weeks of work. After spending about three months on this already.

It's too bad Garmin doesn't provide one that developers can use.

The keypad wouldn't work on watches either.

"Direct to iPhones". Are you talking about being able to download courses stored in the iphone?

It's possible in Android. There's the gexporter app that does it. GRouteLoader and the gimporter IQ app can download course from it.

There isn't any app that exists for the iPhone that would work. To write one would be weeks of work plus $100 a year for something no one would want to pay for. (It wouldn't be too hard for somebody who already writes iPhone apps.)

Dynamic watch is interesting but it's yet another website.

Thanks for the comments.

• Great tip on entering the last digit twice - I'll use that next time.

Thanks for the feedback on my other comments. It does seem strange that Garmin hasn't built the necessary libraries for basic things like keyboards or keypads but I shouldn't be that surprised.

Thanks again.

• The last-digit-twice thing only works if a particular number of digits are required.

That is, it will work for sendpoints or pluscode but not for RWGPS/Connect route/course numbers.

• GRouteLoader now lets you download your pinned routes from RWGPS.