This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will we get an update to disable Virtual Partner

The band-aid of slowing down VP so it disappears from the map does not address all issues with VP.

I've never had a desire to use VP and none of the folks I ride with use VP on their Garmins.

When will we get a s/w update to disable this annoying "feature"?

• Hear hear!

Same for me; never use it. Also asked for it.

As well I asked in a next update to slow down the GPS signal lost notifications: when I underpass a viaduct I do not need a beep within one second to tell me GPS signal is lost.

No action or answer till now.

• This is probably my biggest gripe with the 830.  This is my first Edge, and at first I was completely confused by the additional arrow floating around the map.  The fact that Garmin forces this feature on 830 is beyond my understanding.  Why would this not be something that the user can enable or disable at will?

I too find the work-around of slowing the VP speed to be inadequate.  I have to repeat this step on every ride.  At the very least, if I adjust the VP down to 10% (why it won't go to zero is strange also), it should stay there!

• I set it to very fast.   That way it's quickly gone, never to be seen again.

• The problem with this is that I have to do it every time.  VP does not stay at the speed I set it.  So that means I have to go through the menus to add the VP screen back in, tap-tap-tap-tap to adjust the speed, then go back through the menus to hide it again.  Wouldn't be as bad if it stayed that way, but every time I bring up a new course to navigate, there's the damn VP again...

• +1 from me!!!

I use dynamic watch and all the routes I build and use from their site comes with a Virtual Parter as well. I use dynamic watch's own Virtual Partner speed setting to have the VP ride at 99km/h. Hardly need to worry about it after that.

Bur really, that's the type of workaround that shouldn't be necessary. Come on Garmin - make the virtual partner optional.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Yep, VP be gone!

• The VP part on the navigation screen is very disturbing! We urgently need a patch to be able to disable this. What is Garmin taking so long? Why wasn't is in the last SW update?

• i never had a prob with virtual Partner, didn' remember where i have exactly disabled, but it is possible

• Good to hear. I'm really curious the hear where you can disable this function on your Edge 830?