This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Device is in reboot loop after Version 5.00 software install

Installed the version 5.00 software and it is in some reboot loop ever since. Switching the device of/aff does not help. You can see on the screen the it installed version 5.00 and then it tries to load courses. workouts and locations. It does not go beyond that. Mailed that to support.

• Try the following,

Force to Mass Storage -
    Turn unit off. Hold the lap/reset button while plugging the unit into the USB. Continue holding the lap/reset for 30 seconds and the unit should go to mass storage.

If you can get it to mount to the computer. Look to see if there are any unprocessed files in the Garmin\NewFiles folder. If there are try removing them and see if the unit will start correctly.

If it still goes into a loop you may need to try a reset.

• Hi, the Garmin\NewFiles folder was empty but the good thing was that I was able to connect it to Garmin Express and that is now installing some new maps. I tried the reset you suggested while still connected through USB, but the on/off switch was not responsive at all and that is why I tried Garmin Express. When that is done I will disconnect and try to start and reset.

• After the new maps through Garmin Express I disconnected the device and pressed the red button on the side for ages but it remains in the aforementioned loop of load courses, workouts and locations and beep.

• After hooking up the device again as suggested Garmin Express (again) suggests to update the Routable Cycle map of Europe 2019.10. Will do that as I do not have other options and see afterwards if it comes with the same map update.

• So this was my last try as I updated Routable Cycle map of Europe 2019.10 now twice. Something really fishy going on with this device, any suggestions aweatherall?

• Try this if you have not already done so.

Non-prompted Non-Vol Clear - Clears NV and deletes all FIT files including Activities, Courses, Workouts.

1. Turn device off
      2. Hold Lap/Reset and Start/Stop
      3. Press and release the power button
      4. Continue to hold only Lap/Reset and Start/Stop
      5. Release Lap/Reset and Start/Stop when the Garmin Logo is cleared
      6. The unit will restart and clear non-vol
  • That helped, thanks a lot.