This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 830 no longer recognized by Garmin Express using USB 3.1 female to USB C adapter cable

late 2018 HP Spectre x360

Windows 10 Pro, with all latest updates, last until some updates being installed today were installed 10-8-2019, with the cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1903 and an associated .NET update.

Edge 830

Fenix 6x Sapphire

My laptop only has one USB 3.1 port, which I use for an external HD.

Have always used a short Apple USB C male to USB 3.1 female adapter cable to connect USB 3 flash drives, the Edge 830 and Fenix 6X Sapphire.

I connected the Edge 830 last week to update the firmware to 5.0, but the Edge wasn't recognized either by the system as a USB drive or by Garmin Express, but would charge.

No change with different USB to micro-USB cables or using a different USB C port on the laptop.

No problems with connecting the Fenix to display as a USB drive or to Garmin Express, and no problems connecting the external HD or USB flash drive with the adapter cable.

I thought that the micro USB port on the Edge may have failed, but tried again using the single USB 3.1 port, and no problems since.

I think, but am not certain that I didn't have these problems after the last Windows update, but may have only connected the Edge 830 for charging.

Bought an Amazon Basics USB C to USB 3.1 converter cable this week, claimed to be certified to a USB standards group, and same problem.

Garmin tech support told me that this is an issue that they have seen with these adapters.

Anyone else have this issue with Windows or Macs?