This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Freeze with FW 5.00!

my Edge never freezed before, today after update i connected a second time to Garmin Express Windows for sycning, after disconnect and reboot i gone to profiles and Edge was freezing!

• I’ve had the same. Indoor ride (GPS off) connected on Ant+ to trainer and HR belt, Bluetooth to phone. The 830 froze way minutes into the ride and just stayed there (no data values changing, no response to touch or buttons, no reboot).  Phone did report the connection lost which was what prompted me to look at the screen. 
    Had to press and hold the power button to reboot.  Came back up on the end of ride page so it at least have saved the ride so far  

• Ahh same here..does garmin have a solution?

• FWIW, I received the email below from Garmin suggesting a hard reset of the device would fix the problem. I did that, and I haven't dropped sensors since.

You'll need to fully reset the Edge next:

This will reset it back to its factory default settings and wipe any data currently stored in the device, so if at all possible, please upload any important data to Garmin Connect before proceeding. After the reset has completed you will need to re-enter your profile details and zone information or send it from Garmin Connect.

1. Disconnect your device from your computer/power

2. Power the device off

3. Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop

4. Power device on while still holding both buttons

5. Continue holding buttons when the Garmin ‘splash’ screen appears

6. Release buttons when Garmin ‘splash’ screen disappears

Leave the unit outside, with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data before use.