This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bogus Turn Notification

While navigating on winding roads I get bogus turn notifications. I get a pop-up that there's a turn when in fact the road just curves.

Garmin: Please consider an algorithm like if the name of the road is the same entering the turn and exiting the turn then it's not a turn - it's just a curvy road.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Whether you get a turn prompt or not depends on the angles between the ways (roads/paths).  If the road you are on goes around a corner and a side road meets the road you are on at the corner it looks like a t junction so you get a turn prompt.  If the road you are on is straight and a side road meets it you won't get a turn prompt as you don't get prompts for going straight on.  This is true for all road/path types.

It is a bit annoying when you have a fork in the road and the angles are shallow so the Garmin decides not to prompt you and you take the wrong fork by mistake.

• That's what is going on.

If you keep an eye on the map, the fork confusion is less likely.

• After reading all this I'm more convinced than ever that Garmin needs better programmers. As stated in my original post: Same name into as out of a "turn" is not a turn.

• As stated in my original post: Same name into as out of a "turn" is not a turn.

And we've already told you you're wrong.

• Sometimes it is.  Sometimes it isn't.  I would rather be notified of turns that aren't really turns than miss turns.

• If it's a turn at an intersection (of anything), it's a turn.

Why ever should you need to look at street signs (which might not even be there) to know which way to turn?