This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain for 830 when switched off?

The battery lifetime when the device is on is really great. However, when I switch it off completely (i.e. Power off - not sleep!) battery drains completely. I did not remember this behaviour from my Edge 810....

Is there some setting I need to pick? Does the Edge wake up and does some updating in the background? I cannot imagine this, but still would like to know.

• This exact same problem began occurring with my 830 after the most recent firmware update. Never happened before with WiFi on. Will turn it off and see if it happens again. 

• I'm still getting this problem - was there any definitive conclusion to this its infuruating.  I did find that if i switched it off and then plugged the charger in until it reaches 100% charge then switches off it worked but even that's stopped working now.  i've tried everything Factory Reset, removing all connected devices and wifi turning off blue tooth but nothing works,  

These things are not cheap its just not good enough!  I feel like packaging it up and sending it back to Garmin.

• Mine seems to behave most of the time now. You might have a bad unit. I’d call Garmin and ask for a warranty replacement