This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed zero and Edge 830 frantically pausing/resuming

I had an odd experience this morning with my Edge 830.

After a short stop to regroup and have a chat, we set off and after resuming my Edge 830 was showing zero speed periodically rising to 0.1kph and kept pausing and resuming.  Satellite reception was shown as perfect and other sensors continued working fine.  I sent the Edge to sleep, but when awakened it still read zero speed.  I then turned the Edge off and on again, and the speed returned to normal.

Has anyone else experienced zero speed issues?

• Yes I have today. My 830 was fully charged and I set off and noticed zero speed displayed. Not even a 0 was showing, just a dashed line. I stopped. Re booted but still the same. Swapped it for my Edge 1000 with it's dodgy battery which just lasted the distance of my short ride, Checked the 830 when I got home and still the same problem.

• It happened to me today. My first ride outside.  And my average speed and distance were so low.  So annoying.  I haven't used it for 4 months as I was riding indoors on my trainer.  I fully charged and did software update last night. I will use Strava next time.