This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iPhone 11 Pro + io13.1 unable to connect (successfull)

Upgraded my iPhone to IOS 13 and now I can't connect my Edge 830. My Garmin 935 has no problems.

Tried everything.

- Removing the app

- latest software (4.10) on Garmin

- Delete device from Bluetooth settings 

After selecting the accessory and confirming the BT pairing code the connecting process fails:

"Couldn't connect to your Edge 830. It los like something went wrong during setup"

I tried it  few times times and always the same issue....

Should i wait/hope for a new software version? Or is this a known problem and is there a fix for.

Update 25/9/2019:

upgraded from 13 to 13.1, still no success.

I have an iphone 11 Pro

iphone X + ios 12 with a fresh garmin connect app works perfect..

Update 1/10/2019

- connected garmin to an iphone X (ios 12)

- recorded an activity

- synced the activity to Garmin connect via the phone X

- removed the iphone X connection from the Garmin

- set up a new connection between iphone 11 Pr (ios13.1) with garmin

---> successfull. (or lucky)

Thanks

• Thanks. It look like the 'problem' is the iphone 11 (Pro/Max) not the ios 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to NIELSSIE

11 Pro Max with 13.0, haven't tried with 13.1, will probably tomorrow.

• I just connected my 830 with my iPhone X no problem. Agree that the problem seems to be iPhone 11pro. Khodak do you mean special characters in the “friendly name”? How do you access the Bluetooth name?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to jamescoolness

Don't have 830 now with me and don't use English but I guess it is friendly name. It should be under settings / connected features / Bluetooth or maybe it says Phone. When you select it, there should be an option to change 830's BT name.

• Any luck pairing with the iPhone 11 Pro guys? I'm planning on upgrading from an X but this issue worries me Confounded

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to seance765

Well, I rode today with 830 fw 4.10 and 11 Pro Max 13.1 and everything worked flawlessly. Still, it's too early to tell, because in my experience, it works for 1-2 rides, then doesn't for the next 3 or 4 :)

• It's not just the 830. I have a 1030, an iPhone 11 Pro, and IOS 13. I cant get the two to pair.

The first part of the paring is successful, they find each other and display the key, and the device is added to bluetooth in the phone, but the second step when it should go on to discovery the BTLE connection fails. I get the error "Could not connect to your Edge 1030. It looks like something went wrong during setup"

I'm running version 8.00 of the 1030 software. 

• Exact same issue with me. Pairs fine but “something went wrong during setup. “

• Okay, looks like I am lucky, I (Iphone 11 Pro / ios13.1/Garmin 830) have a connection..

Not sure way. My actions between between the failed and successful connection:

* Connected the Garmin 830 with a IPhone X (ios12)

* Recording an activity with the Gamin

* Syncing (Uploading) the Garmin activity with Garmin Connect (IphoneX + ios12)

* Removing the paired iPhone X from the Garmin

* Setting up a new connection between iPhone 11 Pro (ios 13.1) and the Garmin 830

---> successfull.