This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Time/Date Drift on the Edge 830

ok... chasing my tail on this one. The unit I have drifted back in time today ~4 days causing no end of issues looking at FIT files recorded on the 16th. 

Battery never hit 0%....? 

• This issue s fixed from firmware beta v 5.24. It is now also set from your connected phone. I have it and it works! 

• You get the correct date as well as time from the GPS signals.

• Unfortunately gps is off when using an indoor sports profile. Sometimes the device off functions is not working and device goed into standby in stead of off, draining the battery. If you charge then the old time is set and not updated due to indoor use. The Garmin watches sync time with phone. Same should and will come to the edge if I understand right.

• It is currently available in the beta release

•  It looks like the question may have already been answered but I'll chime in.

The time and date information are updated via the GPS position when cross referenced to timezone map on the device. This is by design.

If you are about to start a ride and notice that your Edge is displaying the time incorrectly go near a window or step outside, enter a GPS enabled activity profile and start recording an activity once you see that the GPS fix has been acquired. Once you have saved the activity the device will be updated to the time and date at your current position.

• It is solved in the current beta! 

• Cheers. I've been taking the units outside prior to the recent beta, to get a GPS fix... for an indoor ride. I'm across how to make it work. it's just absurd the unit doesn't have an accurate internal ticking clock itself. A $5 wrist watch outperforms the latest in sports tech from Garmin in this area. C'mon guys... 

•  It looks like the question may have already been answered but I'll chime in.

The time and date information are updated via the GPS position when cross referenced to timezone map on the device. This is by design.

If you are about to start a ride and notice that your Edge is displaying the time incorrectly go near a window or step outside, enter a GPS enabled activity profile and start recording an activity once you see that the GPS fix has been acquired. Once you have saved the activity the device will be updated to the time and date at your current position.

i know, it's fixed in the actual beta, but anyway i think before this beta it was totally wrong designed on really all Garmin (Cycling) devices!