This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple devices and heart rate. Edge 830

Hi. I have a Garmin Edge 830 and Vivoactive 2. When I finish a cycle I upload the ride all fine but t sync it also seems to pull in the passive data from the watch. When I look at the maximum heart rate in Connect it isn't the correct setting. It seems to pull it from teh watch and not from the rode data. For instance I will look at the ride and it will say 165 Maximum heart rate but the dashboard will have max heart rate at 140. I guess this is also skewing calories burnt. Any advice?

• Is your Vivoactive in Garmin Connect also? If so maybe you want to (in GC) Choose device -> Device Settings -> disable Automatic App Updates

• Automatic App update refers to the CIQ Apps/DF/Widgets/WF and has nothing to do with this.

I've also seen this very Problem when commuting to work. I keep my watch on for the IM. I expected GCM to pull the HR out of the recording device, (my 830, when biking) not from the primary activity tracker (I once read somewhere that it should do exactly this, can't remember where though...). Well, it doesn't... Which makes no sense at all, since the activity contains the more exact HR data.

• The all-day HR graph will take the highest 1 minute HR (it might even be 2 minutes), while the activity will report short duration spikes. If you are using an chest strap, this will be even more pronounced, as straps are far more sensitive to short spikes than OHR.

• Hi,

Same for me here with edge 1030 and Fenix5X.

Worst, if I shutdown the watch during activity, then I simply got a big hole in the HR data on GC (iOS).

Looks like a bug !

Cheers

• I am in same situation with a litle variation: edge 530 and Fenix5.

There seems to be no solution from garmin support. Who knows, there will be some technical problems.

The immediate solution is to wear the watch when riding a bicycle, but in my opinion it is uncomfortable and pointless.