This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation Auto Calibration

Hi everyone.

Everytime I start to record an activity on my Edge 830 I get this message "Elevation calibrated to location" and immediately the elevation number goes up by +/-12m out of the blue with me standing still in the same spot.

The problem is that the elevation shown right before I press the record button (before the "auto-calibration) is more accurate than the one modified. 

How do I turn off this feature?

Thank you.

• The value is coming from the saved location that is near your starting point. I'm guessing you created a location for your home, which is where you are starting from. What you should do is to correct the elevation value associated with the saved location.

The only way to stop this feature would be to delete the saved location. This is why I'm recommending that you correct the elevation value belonging to the saved location instead of deleting it.

• Thank you for your response.

Could you please tell me where do I see my saved locations? To check if it is correct.

And also how do I correct an elevation belonging to a saved location.

I don't recall adding a saved location never, but it could be the reason.

• Navigation, saved locations, tap on the location (should be obvious, it’ll be the one that isn’t named Garmin), then tap on the name again, tap on change (pencil type icon), scroll down and choose change elevation.