This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phone no longer connects after Android update

I updated my Android phone to Android 10 the other day.  Now it not longer connects to the Garmin connect app.  I can no longer upload my rides, not getting any notifications or phone calls on the Garmin.  And no weather either.  Ive tried everything but it clearly stopped working right after the update.  Help!

• My Pixel 3 xl is on Android 10 since the 3rd and I can connect with my mobile and sync it without problems. I didn't have to re-pair it or anything - it just worked.

I would try to repair the phone with your 830. But for sure it is not an Android 10 issue.

• But it could be an issue with the Bluetooth implementation in Android 10 for that particular phone.  Or re pairing might be all is needed due to the Android update.

• I'm having issues with my Edge 1030 and Pixel 3 since the Android 10 update. Essentially, if I shut the phone down Garmin Connect just won't connect with my Edge upon restarting it. The Edge looks for the phone but doesn't find it. I'm having to re-pair the phone and Garmin every day that I use them together!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

My Pixel 2 won't stay connected to any bluetooth devices since the Android 10 update.  My car stereo has become useless.  Even after a whole phone wipe.  Wish I could revert back.

• Was this issue resolved? I restarted my Android phone after it took an took an update the other day (it's running V9), and since then my Edge 1030 won't connect to the Garmin Mobile app, the 'phone is not seeing the Edge as a Bluetooth device. However the Edge can be seen by an iPhone in the household, and will connect to my PC via Bluetooth. Tried everything I can think of, but the phone is having none of it. I have raised the issue with Garmin support. May not be related to the Android update but it seems a bit of a coincidence when it was working fine before.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Edge 830 upon initial launch never had a single connection issue.  For the past couple months I 'MUST' reboot the phone and the Edge at the same time and then launch Garmin Connect; then it connects fine.  Otherwise it's endless frustration, having to remove the device from the phone, re-pair and hope it works.  Does rebooting both devices and launching the Garmin Connect mobile app work for you?

• Re-booting both devices at the same time worked! The 'phone & Edge now seem to be connecting OK. Many thanks for the suggestion. Shame we have to jump through all these hoops to get it to work!