This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

D-Fly unknown channels

I want to set up the buttons on my di 9070 with d-fly, but when I go to settings I'm only able to change settings on the left shifter ?

Any hints ? (issue with 2 bikes, and latest di2 firmwares)

• Using the e-tube phone app to check/assign a channel to a button or paddle then see if that shows on the Edge.

• Hello.

I have the same problem (with EDGE 830 & 1030) on both DI2 shifters !

Did you find any solution to this problem ?

• Same here 830+Ultegra di2 8050

configuring the „secret shifters“ only shows „unknown channel“

• Hi,

I had the same problem and with a bit of fortune solved it.

On initial setup of Edge 830 in November 2019 I had the TT buttons assigned and working.
    Recently this week I noticed the 2 "unknown" buttons. The actions were still working as initially set up but could not change assignment any more once they became "unknown".
    After I did remove Di2 from Garmin and then added it back the buttons did not work any more leaving them unusable.

Having experience with countless software issues on Garmin side I thought it's a lost cause but luck came my way as besides the Edge 830 I also have a semi-retired Edge 1000 on my commuting bike.

Tried to establish the connection to Di2 from Edge 1000 and got to the same "Unknown Channel" entries in the list.

Then I turned to Shimano side of things Slight smile

From Shimano "E-tube Project" Windows app I reset to default button assingment for TT shifters, disconnected Di2 from Edge 830, then reassigned the buttons from left bar to D-Fly channels X and Y as I had before and was the intended configuration.

After adding back Di2 "sensor" to Edge 830 I found the correct entries in the buttons list:
    Left TT Switch
    Switch X
    and
    Left TT Switch
    Switch Y

My guess is that channels got lost due to some Shimano Di2 firmware update that happened on either TT shifters / EW-WU111 / battery.

Hope this helps fixing your issues as well.