This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virtual Partner woes

I know that the current work-around to not have to be bothered by the Virtual Partner is to slow down the VP's speed so it quickly disappears from the screen, and then hide the VP screen.

The problem with this approach is the the VP's setting does not stay where I set it.  I have to update it every time.

I tried this today while navigating a route.  I went through the 37 clicks (or however many it takes to get to that setting) and activated the VP screen and then reduced its speed down to 10%. (WHY does it not go to zero?)  I then went through another series of clicks to hide the VP screen.  I started my ride and the VP arrow drifted off screen.

During my ride I had to stop the navigation and restart it. (Different issue.)  There was the VP again.  I unhid the VP screen and saw the speed was back to 100%.  I have to do this every time I start a new course.

I don't want to have go through a work around every ride to get rid of the Virtual Partner.  PLEASE GARMIN:  Give us a way to DISABLE THE VIRTUAL PARTNER!  It is ridiculous that this "feature" is a permanent thing.