This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ROAD profile disappeared during ride (4.10 version)

Hello, 

On my device I've only had two profiles - INDOOR and ROAD(default)

I was riding yesterday, using ROAD profile, After taking a break when i've checked my Edge it was showing INDOOR profile as active, GPS was of course disabled and the activity recorded up to that point was there. 

Also, when checking the available profiles - the ROAD profile was gone, deleted. The only one available is INDOOR. 

I've activated the GPS and continued my ride. When the activity finished, i've restarted the device - still the only profile available is INDOOR. 

Where did my ROAD profile go? And why it happened during the ride? How do i restore it(without creating a new one)?

Thx

• Not sure why it happened, but there maybe a backup on the unit of that profile.

When you do a software update some of the key files get backed up to a location on the Edge. If you  look in that location you may find your road profile. If so copy it to the Garmin\NewFiles folder and the Edge will import it.

The backup location is

Garmin\Debugging\Backup

• Thank you! It seems that solved the issue. 

Now the question remains - why it disappeared and it was replaced by Indoor. 

I've asked Garmin support and the first suggestion they had was to do a reset to default of the unit. 

• Yep this happened to me yesterday. As soon as I got the 830 I made a copy of the Road profile and customised it to us my alternative maps. Somewhere between switching the unit off over night and back on in the morning it forgot about my profile.

• Same happened to. Reason I determined: I stopped my ride and keep the device on as no reason to put to sleep mode.

I kept it just in my hand with the screen to the inside. I have just noted some beeps. And it seems it has just accidently deleted. It is very easy to delete the active profile and confirm.

• I experienced exactly the same today. Paused it when doing some shopping without turning it off. Put it in the pocket of my jacket. When I came back, the profile was gone and Gravel profile was selected. I think it has happened somewhat similar before also. 

I tried to replicate this, but it is not easy to delete a profile from the pause screen. Several clicks seems necessary. Seems that you have to click arrow left, then tap the screen, then click home symbol, then drag down, click profile and then delete the profile. I don’t think this happened by coincidence - suspect there is a bug here...

• sames here - Edge 1030 in pocket whilst paying for coffee, accientally deleted Road profile and on Indoor. COudln't work out why the location wasnt working. So did some U-turns and messing around, looked round and I'd lost my companions.  I reaslsie pressing power buitton for short time locks the screen, whcih I think will avlid this. 

• Same thing happened to my 830 (Version 6.20.0.0) after an update, aweatherall  suggestion worked, many thanks!

• Thanks. That worked. I called Garmin. They were very nice but what they told me didn’t work. Your suggestion restored my outdoor activity profile and all the pages.