This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to get Forksight working

How do I get Forksight to work on 830? I have latest 4.10 firmware and for the first time am trying to get all the pieces in place so Forksight works. I have set the following:

• Trailforks account. I didn't have one so I created one. Now the TrailForks IQ app works and shows "My Routes", "Nearby Routes" etc. Also when I logged into Trailforks on GCM I saw message on 830 about Trailforks map being activated.
  • I have Profile "MTB". Default ride type is "Mountain"
  • Under Profile->Mountain Biking menu "Forksight" is enabled.
  • Under Profile->Navigation->Map-Map Information - Trailforks 2019.10 is enabled.

I did a mountain bike ride yesterday with all these settings. Stopped at several intersections and nothing popped up to tell me about the trails. The first part of the ride I was following a "course" so that may have affected things. I stopped the course and kept riding on trails, and paused at intersections, but nothing popped up. Is there something else that needs to be activated?

• Same experience here... great question.  Following this thread.

• Decided to create a new Profile on 830. Chose the option to "Create from Template" and chose "Mountain". Pretty much left all the defaults settings alone and went for a ride. Sure enough when I stopped on a trail what I think must be the Forksight screen popped up. Looked like below which is different than the regular map screen. Will now have to compare and see why my other profile is different. If I can't get that one working I will probably just delete it and transfer all the screen settings over to this one.

• I finished recreating all my screens for Mountain profile created from the template and went on a trail ride today. Every time I stopped the Trailforks screen popped up with information. So for me the solution to get Forksight working was to create a new profile from the Mountain template. Glad to see it working finally.

• Could you do me a favor and try to create a profile from template "MoutainnBike/MTB" and doublecheck?
    I unfortunately can't do myself, as close to my hometrails there is nothing on Trailforks.

thx in adavance

• When Forksight is working, are you actually following a Trailforks-aware course, or did you just start riding using your MTB profile, without loading a course?