This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 or Edge 830?

Hi 

I am looking to buy an Edge 

As the Edge 1030 is two years older than the 830, is it worth buying the 1030? 

As anyone had this dilemma and purchased one over the other?

Comments please 

Andy

• I have recently got the 830 and it's my first computer so I dont have alot to contribute but my dad has the 1030 and when he had a look at my 830 today he instantly commented on how much snappier and smoother the 830 was and how much better it felt to use . The 830 does have more features but I read the 1030 will get those at a later date anyway.

From my limited experience I would say I am happy I went for the 830 over the 1030 especially as it's cheaper plus ya get a £50 card back for getting the 830 at some retailers now

• I’ve got both and prefer the 830. I like the extra firstbeat metrics, climbpro and the faster CPU. It’s a really nice device, still has a few bugs but nothing terminal. 

• I was in that same pickle comming from edge 1000. Use the device for a lot of map based riding. Anyways, went for the 830, and not a second of regret, it was a worthy successor to the edge 1000. That said, I have not done comparison to the 1030 on the bike... But, the 830 has a new cpu and gps chipset compared to 1030. That did it for me. 

• by comparing the dimensions of both devices, the 830 seems quite smaller, which is an important thing. i was a previous user of the 1030 and I returned it back due to its big size and weight.

• Agreed. Another convert from Edge 1000 to Edge 830 and I've found the device, even with the smaller screen, to be adequate for my needs. I am reasonably confident that, once the various software bugs are ironed out, it'll be a good replacement.