This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Map colours washed out and wrong.

Is anyone having issues with the base colour for fields showing as Blue, rather than a light sandy colour with Talkytoaster Toaster 1:50000 look and feel maps? I spent quite some time going through settings etc with Mr Toaster last night and it appears to be an edge firmware problem. The maps show perfectly on my edge 1000. Colours overall seem quite washed out on edge 830, no matter what mapset I use. Anyone else experiencing this?

• When using a road profile Garmin does not enable the trailforks map and applies a default map theme that is built into the code.

The trailforks map is enabled when selecting a mountain bike profile. It then uses the external Mountain Theme. This appears to be based on the type of profile you are using..

If you create a mountain based profile then it will enable the mountain theme even if you are not using the trailforks maps. Your options are either to use a different profile type or remove or rename the Mountain Theme so that it does not get activated.

• It's the way the maps are constructed from the data.  Besides the coordinates of everything, the map file has information about properties of roads, properties of intersections , POIs, elevations, types of areas, etc.  How these are depicted when shown on a screen is controlled by the Theme.  The theme determines how these are depicted by symbols, lines, colors, etc..  Different themes will make the same map data look different, and maybe more appropriate or easier to read for different activities.  Garmin is choosing to associate different themes with different activities for this reason.  Sometimes it backfires.

• I understand.  You could use different maps for each activity that would have different colour schemes etc to emphasise relevant features but that would take a lot of space so Garmin have a special theme file to change the look of the map in the MTB activity so they only need to supply one map.  This theme file changes the appearance of any map so it can muck up the look of third party maps.

• Thanks macnuts, i tried this and it works succesfully!!