This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 830 Frozen/Locked Up v3.50

Bought 830 to replace my 820 and used it for the first time on a charity ride yesterday. 18km into the ride the screen froze completely, backlight on and data screen still showing but frozen. I didn’t notice for a while so lost about 20 mins of data before I figured out I needed to hold power button for a long time to reset.

The 830 was being used for navigation from a course saved and synced by Garmin Connect but it took a few attempts to calculate the route, saying route calculation error the first few times. It failed to re-pair to my HRM and I had to delete and search for that again on the move. Cadence and speed v2 were both ok. 

The 830 was fully updated and running v3.50 firmware. I have a Fenix 5 which I’m now going to have to start using as a backup on every ride but never had the 820 lockup on me. 

Are there any log files that can be sent to Garmin for them to investigate the cause?

A friend riding with me sent me their TCX file so I opened them in a text editor and spliced the missing 20mins in from his data and it’s synced ok with Strava.