This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Love this new edge

First ride today with my new 830. Loaded a 46 mile rt 5 miles into my ride. TBT worked awesome, even after going off route for 20 minutes. Touchscreen is like my samsung 8, the processsor is obviously faster...this thing is awesome. This is what the 820 should have been. i love this new garmin. Battery life was at 66% after 4:45 hours. Very very pleased and usually, with garmin stuff, im used to bugs and disappointments, but honestly, after this one ride of about 55 miles, I could not be more pleased.

Bif

• BTW, mine was ordered on 5/25 or so- the memorial weekend sale at biketiredirect.com and was finally filled (backorder) yesterday.

• I've been using mine for the last week or so and also very pleased. The 830 is a huge upgrade on my 810 and 820 devices. Screen refresh is super fast, resolution and backlight are great and touchscreen works (for now) ;)

Routing is still a bit hit and miss but that's a problem for many GPS units/apps.

I'll reserve judgement until the performance cyclists update us on bluetooth and sensor connectivity. I use this almost exclusively for routing, journey planning and OSM maps viewing so those other functions don't get much use. To top it off, I managed to get this about 25% cheaper than my old 820.

For those reasons, this device smashes it out of the park.

• I can only echo. Garmin did it right this time. Very good responsive screen, much snappier than 820, good tracking, navigation, altitude, resonably fast grade change, working livetrack. I didn`t have any connection problems. It just works which is not that common for Garmin.

There are couple of small things - like only 2 fields in map page, poi navigation optimization, concurrent strava segments only in app but those are minor. Definitely would recommend

• For 4 fields on the map there is a connect iq App called MAPDashboard. works very well!

• I have had mine for about a month.  Over 600 miles logged on it so far.  I upgraded from an 800.  Screen is much more readable, navigation greatly improved as well as battery life.  I have had a few glitches, but they seem less after installing the latest beta firmware.  Overall I think it is a nice unit.  My largest complaint as with my previous unit is lack of information.  So many features, little information about exactly how they work and how to set things up.  Following the forum has helped.

• I have had the unit for over a week now. So far I'm really impressed with the improvement Garmin have done since the 820 was released. I can confirm the statements about battery life and general responsiveness of the unit. Everything works pretty fast and problemless. The only issue I came across during the week was responsiveness of the screen after a long exposure to sun. It had too cool down a while in shade to come back to full functionality. All the rest - pretty impressive.