This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Transferring 'Sports' data fields?

Ok, so now that I've taken the time to setup a screen for 'Outdoor Training' that has 5 data screens, all the data fields set up correctly, etc: is there a way to copy these to another 'sport' (say 'Road', for example) so I don't have to waste so much time simply copying everything over and then tweaking just a few fields to make the sport unique, like I intend?  I'm just looking for a way to save some time.

Also, it seems as thought Connect IQ apps won't work on anything but the 'Road' sport setting so I best set that one up to use the IQ apps I want to include.

Thanks,

Sean

• Under profiles you can select create new profile. It will then give you the option to use an existing profile or template. 

• So it seems I have a different problem: I created my 'Outdoor Training' profile by copying it over from my Edge 520 (which also uses similar profiles).  When I us the 'copy existing' option to create a new profile, I still cannot load any IQ fields.  When I try that on a 'native 830' profile, it seems to work to add the fields.  So it seems I need to now delete all of my 'Outdoor Training' profile and start over-AGAIN to create everything from scratch on the 830.  Ugh-that really sucks to do this all from the unit itself.

Is there ANY shortcut that can make this process less painful?  Setting up 5 different pages of data fields, plus making all the auto features back to how I want them, etc ends up taking a rather good chunk of time.  It kind of sucks to have to do this over again now.

Any way to request that Garmin would add some functionality to GC to allow one to do this all from a normal computer instead?

Any help is appreciated.  Sorry for whining...

Sean