This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 830, Setting for "Touch Sensitivity"

Where on the Edge 830 (Firmware 3.20) can i find the Settings for "Touch Sensitivity" ? 

• - I am sorry that you are experiencing a problem with the touch sensitivity with your Edge 830. The touchscreen technology changed on this product, so the setting was no longer applicable. Are you experiencing this problem all the time? Or is it only in certain situations? (Wearing Gloves, in the rain, sweaty hands)

• Hello,
    in the moment no problem. I did compare with my Edge 1030 and Edge 820 and i found this old setting not. 

So the Edge 830 has no settings for "Touch Sensitivity" beause the touchscreen technology changed.

Thanks for the Answer and you can close this i think.

• Hello Garmin, I purchased an Edge 830 to replace my Edge 500. I wear thin long fingered gloves all of the time and I am having trouble with the touch screen. it works fine with no gloves, but with gloves it is often unresponsive. When it does respond I often get the "Timer Overlay" screen instead of it advancing to the screen I want. From the "Timer Overlay" screen I can select the forward or backward arrow but that doesn't always work with gloves and when it does work it is very slow to advance the screen. Any suggestion? Thanks 

• Similar issue here. With sweaty fingers, swipes are sometimes interpreted as taps, so the "overlay" is shown.

• The Edge 830 uses a capacitive touchscreen. 'In order to use a capacitive touchscreen device while wearing gloves you will need to choose gloves that are compatible to use with capacitive touchscreens.  Gloves that feature this design allow the use of the index finger to use the touchscreen without issue.' 

Types of Touchscreens Used on Garmin Fitness Devices