This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Powermeter calibration link

Hi have just bought a 830 after years of using the 520. One of the most annoying bugs is the lack of the "calibrate" direct link at the home button. I have seen it in 530 but I can't see it in the 830. Any of u can see this calibrate direct link under sensor pool?

Thanks!!

• Are you talking about the prompt to calibrate a power meter that the Edge gives when it finds a previously paired power meter?

If so, that is controlled under the sensor settings for that power meter.

Sensors -> your sensor -> senor details -> Calibration prompt

You can also access the calibration action by swiping down from the top of the screen when in communication with a power meter and then stepping through the  pages to get to the Control page. 

• I've been using the calibration prompt but this feature is hit and miss on the 830, unlike on my 520.  Sometimes the prompt doesn't come up which is super annoying.  The prompt always worked 100% of the time on the 520.  I hope Garmin would look into this.  By the way when I initially paired my power meter via BLE the prompt never came up.  After switching to ANT+ the prompt came up.  So one must use ANT+ based on my experience.

• I have the same issue. It's not always the prompt is shown. Quite annoying - yet it's fairly easy to use the drop down menu "control settings" and then calibrate from there. 

I find the issue is linked to many sensors connecting at once. That is HR, power, speed, DI2 etc. When all these are starting up, I sometimes don't get prompted.... 

• I was having a calibration prompt issue when I connected over Bluetooth.  When I switched to Ant+ I would get the prompt as expected.  How do you connect your PM?   

• Nope I don't mean the calibration prompt, I mean the direct link that is on the controls page. I was using it all the time in the 520, I've seen this link on the 530 but it's not appearing on my 830, and up to today I haven't seen it in any 830.

• As far as I know, you'll only get the calibration prompt when switching the unit on from a OFF state, not from SLEEP. The 520 doesn't have a SLEEP mode so it switches on from a OFF state every time.

• I don't always get the prompt switching the unit on from an off state.  I never use the sleep mode.

• Sorry.  I just checked my 830's setting and indeed auto sleep is enabled.  So this must explain why sometimes I don't get the prompt.  I didn't know my 830 was sleeping at times.  I'm coming from a 520 and there isn't a sleep mode on the 520.  My bad.  Now that I have disabled auto sleep I hope my prompt issues will go away.  Thank you for the tip.

• I also do not get a calibration prompt.  I've doubled verified it's enabled under 'Sensor Details'.

I always power off my 830.  Never sleep.  And I don't think I've ever seen a calibration prompt.  This is across 3 power meters on 3 different bikes.