This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How is your 830 Battery Life?

After 10 hours of riding and a lot of messing with settings outside of rides my 830 has 36% battery left.

This would imply a battery life of about 15 hours, which doesn't sound that great but I've been riding with the Varia Radar in heavy traffic which keeps the screen on a lot. I'm pretty sure that without that I'd be seeing well north of 20 hours, so I'm not concerned about it and very happy with the unit itself.

DC Rainmaker is planning on running more battery tests but is looking for ways to mimic real world usage as the device powers down GPS if it doesn't detect movement, be very interesting to see what he finds, but in the meantime what battery life are others seeing?

• I find turning off GLONASS greatly improves battery life of Edge units.

• 6.5 hours with Navigation, GLONASS, Varia Radar, Di2, Speed and Cadence, battery showed at 68% remaining.  Rather impressive so far.

• Sunday did a 7 hour ride, screen on (backlight set at 15s), GPS+Galileo, navigation on, Varia radar on, phone paired with LiveTrack on, cadence and HR paired with ANT+.  Ended up with 67% remaining, I was very impressed.

• 2 x 2.5 hour rides so far. Paired HRM, PWR, eTap and phone pinging Wind pp updates. Brightness @10% always on.

19% usage in 5 hrs. im happy!! That puts it on track for 25 hrs!

• I am absolutely amazed with the battery life. It's a wonder in comparison to my previous 820, which I would like to quickly forget about. I got the 830 unit a week ago, but the last weekend gave me the first opportunity to verify the real battery life (in comparison to the data promised in the manual). The result - AMAZING!

Details:

- GPS + Galileo

- Backlight auto, 15s

- Data saving interval smart

- Sensors: speed, cadence, HR, remote

- Samsung S8+ connected via BT

- Occasional use of navigation

- Strava segments on

I rode 200km km on Saturday and 115km on  Sunday. The total trip time (including stops) was 20,5h and the battery was fully loaded at start up. After that the battery level has still been 20%! I estimate the remaining 20% would give me at least another 4h of ride. JUST WOW!

• Since last charge, 830 is at 32% with some 15hrs of riding across 5 or so rides - GPS mostly (2hrs GPS+GLONASS), speed, powermeter & HRM, auto brightness & BT connected to an android phone. Navigation on for 13hrs. 
    If the degradation over time is closer to the 500/810, I'll be more than satisfied.

• wow! 13hrs of navi would empty the 820 unit three times, impressive

• It's a great feeling when you have 30% battery left, are heading out for 4hrs and don't bother charging the unit :D

• I did chase the sun the other weekend, 208 miles / 335 km, 13 hrs riding time 16 hrs total time.

Power meter, speed sensor, heart rate strap/sensor, back light off, navigation running the whole time, bluetooth on with text/call alerts on, everything else as default.

When I finished I still had 45% battery left, really impressed with the battery life so far.

• A round trip about 8.5h total / 6.75h moving, with:

-GPS+GLONASS,

-WIFI & BT off,

-Auto backlight always on, (it was a good sunny day and the brightness seemed to be 20%~50%)

-PM ant+,

-Navigation on,

-Data saving interval smart,

The battery started at 94% and ended with 65% = 29% loss.

My friends' round trip about 8.8h total / 5.1h moving, with:

-GPS+GLONASS,

-BT connecting smart phone,

-10% backlight always on,

-PM, speed, HR ant+,

-Navigation on,

-Data saving interval smart,

36% battery loss.

The BT seems to consume more energy than the 10~40% backlight.