This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stop Incident Detection Alert

How do I stop the "Incident detection disabled" alert from repeatedly showing (and BEEPING!)? It's disabled on my phone and in the unit, no contacts are selected etc etc etc, but every 10-15 minutes I get the alert saying it's disabled. Very annoying!

• I tried this... Added a contact (she got an email notifying her), sync'd with the 830, it forced detection on. Toggled it off, was forced back on by phone. So it was definitely enabled. Removed the contact and the app asked if I was sure I wanted to disable, chose disable. During the ride, the notification doesn't happen as frequently as it was (or I'm just not noticing it), but it's still popping up.

• I cannot imagine why this is proving to be so difficult for Garmin to fix. Software developers gone on holiday with just interns left to man the ship?

If true that'd be a very long break indeed!

• I've just got a new 830, software 3.5. I've got incident detection switched off on the device, and am connected to the phone, but with no address book sync and no emergency contacts enabled. I get the "incident detection is disabled" message and beep every time I switch on and every time I go into the connect IQ section. It seems unnecessary and annoying!