This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 820 Public Beta 12.22 Now Available

A new Beta software (12.22) for the Edge 820 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found here.

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 12.10 to 12.22:

• Fixed handling for workout targets that are set as a percentage of FTP.
  • Fixed speed sensor dropouts that could occur when using an indoor trainer.
  • Integrated several improvements for ANT sensors.
  • Nothing regarding battery drain ???

• Integrated several improvements for ANT sensors

I wished a bit more of details on that list of improvements. I own several powemeters and HRM,sram etap. If I knew what exactly has been improved i would be certainly more helpful in giving my opinion about that/these particular improvements. as for now it is kind of useless. I am satisfied with ant connexions and readings. on the home trainer I see from time to time some ant dropouts, but i isually see them both on the computer (ant-usb key) and the edge unit so i kind of think it is more related to the ANT outputs than garmin inputs.  therefore won't try this beta and take the risk ANT communications might  impair and/or i loose all my page & sensor setups 

• battery drain problem will continue?
  • Wish this from Ege x30 Series for Edge 820:

Indoor Riding Improvements
    - Added the ability to set system time using WiFi or Bluetooth when GPS is not available.

• agreed.  I'm on my 3rd 820 because of poor battery life.  after about a year or 550hrs of use the batter only last 3-4hrs