EDGE 540 - Last map version

HI all

I had an issue to update my EDGE 540 to update the map so I sent it to the garmin.

Garmin repaired it and after that they sent back to me.

Today i received it and connecting it to garmin express I noticed this map version

I guess the 2024.10 i released but checking the updates no update seems available.

Have you the same experience or you have on MAP DETAILS the 2024.10 version?

thanks for you support

• Ciao Filippo,

I'm suffering the same issue. I just bought the device 2 days ago, so I run all the update stuff with both Garmin Connect App via Android phone and the Garmin Express via PC (really unstable I think with respect to the Garmin Connect App).

Before sendind the device to Garmin I wrote at [email protected] but unfortunately they didn't help me at all to solve the problem and they also advised me to send the device to Garmin.

I honestly don't think it's necessary to send the device and waste time between shipping by courier... because from what you write I see that your problem hasn't even been solved yet.

Anyway, I started to take troubleshooting procedures on my own:

• Today I tried to reinstall the pre-installed "Routable Cycle map of Central Europe" in the device, the version 2022.11 going in "Option"

• After the process completed, I update the page in disconnecting and reconnecting the device and as you can see there was displaying the new update version 2024.10

• After install it, I update the page in disconnecting and reconnecting the device but unfortunately I see again displayed the same old map version 2022.11 and this is really quite strange, like you say in your post.

It seems like a big bug in the Garmin Express program to me.
    I will try again to uninstall the application from the PC and reinstall it as the support advised me, and this time I will also reformat the Edge 540 to its initial settings.

It really seems like a waste of time to me, from what you describe. It's not possible that Garmin support can't find useful and quick solutions.

Have you by any chance already tried to format the Edge 540, re-install Garmin Express and start all over again?

Let me know thanks!

• ciao

Already tired this morning but unfortunately nothing changed. 

I received a windows pop up with 2024.10 map available,

I installed it successfully but after a disconnect and reconnect of the device is still present 2022.11 map.

thanks

• Thanks for the feedback.

This morning I called Garmin support directly (02 8732 5929) and reported our problem to them.
    They also advised me that there is no need to format the Edge 540 or send it in for service for now.

They will report the bug to the second level expert team, but they said it will take some time to resolve and in the meantime they advised me to just use the device normally.

If you find a way to solve the problem in the meantime, or you see that it solves correctly, please let me know.

A thousand thanks!
    Ciao

• Have you logged in via the CIQ Trailforks app on the Edge?

The Trailforks map on the 540 needs to be unlocked to get updates, which requires activation by logging into Trailforks.

• Hi,

the 2 maps showed in the screnshot below:

• Routable Cycle map of Central Europe
    • Trailforks

are managed separately, that means there's no need to create and log in to a Trailforks account.

I'm not interested in the Trailforks app. I'm just interested in the update of the Routable Cycle map of Central Europe portion map.

In addition to my feeling is definitely a bug from Garmin Express, I show you below photos where the updated version (the 2024.10) is correctly present on my device.

If you go to Map Information (see below the passage)

How is it possible that Garmin Express still indicates version 2022.11 then?
    Surely Garmin will have to release an update to fix this bug.

• Ciao 

I did it and now it is possible to update this one

thanks for the hint but I'm also interested to update the other one mentioned by Paolo

• Sorry I misunderstood what was being asked. Let me do some research on this.

• What version of Garmin Express are you using?

• No problem. In my case always the latest version downloaded from the official Garmin website.

I've decided not to format the device or re-install Garmin Express on my PC. I'm waiting for Garmin to release fixes for these bugs...

Honestly now, since the latest version of the map 2024.10 is correctly downloaded on my device (as you have seen from my previous photos) I prefer to start riding with my new Edge.

Let me know you guys just in case Garmin Express it will work properly. Many thanks!

• @FILIPPO71

I think you will find that your unit has correctly installed the 2024.10 map for central EU. It is just some bug in Garmin Express that is showing stale information.