Understanding ClimbPro - 9.09

This link has some useful information that helps explain how the new ClimbPro feature works

support.garmin.com/.../

• Hi, I have a question about climb pro maps (the paragraph "How Do I Verify the ClimbPro Maps Are Enabled?").

I wanted to install west Europe and central Europe on my 540. I used the tips of installing one first, copying the .img and .gma  files to my disk drive, then installing the other and putting back the first files on the Garmin. To avoid the "not enough memory" limitation in Garmin Express. It works and I can see all the country maps for both areas on the GPS. So I have four files:

D9494030A.gma (west Europe)

D9494030A.img (west Europe)

D9495030A.gma (central Europe)

D9495030A.img (centrale Europe)

Plus those other files I didn't touch, they were already there at startup:

1052679763.gma (not sure what this one is doing)

gmapbmap.img (base map I think)

gmapdem5.img (base elevation map)

gmaptrlfrks.img. (trailforks)

In SQL/internal folder, I've got only one file:

D9943020A.db

My problem is, when I go to activity profiles->Navigation->Map->Map information, I only see one ClimPro map at the bottom for west Europe. But I don't see the central one. If I reverse the order and install first west, remove it, install central and copy west files, I will only see Europe central ClimPro map.

Did I miss a file to copy before deleting a map area in order to have both ClimPro files available?

• You are missing one file from the SQL folder. You should have one for each region.

• ok, thank you for the quick answer!

edit: I tried and for central Europe, there is two db files, 2.8gb and there is not enough memory left on the GPS. I am really disappointed and feel the description of the product is totally misleading. No you don't have Europe and climbPro Free on this device.  I don't understand why it is not possible at least to enable those features country by country. It seems like a totally basic expectation.