Garmin Connect app does not show heart rate data under "At A Glance" home widget

Hey all,

I've been using my new Garmin 530 with my HRM Dual chest strap, cadence and speed sensors for cycling activities for the past couple of weeks. So far I've registered about 10 rides and everything works great. However, in my Garmin Connect app, for some reason it does not show me heart rate and VO2max graphs under the "At A Glance" Widget. (see below)

Any chance I'm missing some setting which disables the heart rate and VO2max data on my GC app? It is worth mentioning that when I'm looking at any captured ride info - I do see HR data correctly and it seems to register it throughout the entire ride - so wondering why it does now show anything on these graphs.

FYI - My max heart rates are calculated automatically through the device.

Thank you!

• Tap the See All to view more glances. You'll then able to edit the glances view

• I believe it will only show heartrate if you have a Garmin watch in conjunction with the Edge.  As an example, although I have both my Edge and Garmin Instinct watch on during the ride it is only my watch data that shows in GC general data (glances, etc.).  The Edge data is constrained to the individual ride data as you have shown.  For that reason, I pair my chest HRM with my both my watch and the Edge 530, then record an "Indoor Ride" on my watch while my Edge is recording the real ride.  At the end I delete the indoor ride from the watch without saving, but it gives me the more accurate chest strap data for the watch to report.

Part of having Garmin products is fiddly work arounds.  

• How in the world would I watch my HR on my home PC while riding?  The HR section of the AT A Glance should show an average or something like that.  Not the current HR.  That's stupid.

• And when I click on it i.e. open up the HR section it give me the option to see HR for 1day, 7 days, 4 weeks etc.  Are you saying that this section is non functional without a garmin HR Strap?   I use a Polar and it sends the data to my 530 which should be sorting all this out by the time it gets to Garmin Connect.

• No, I'm not saying you need a HR chest strap, I'm saying you need a Garmin watch.  If I'm wrong, someone who knows more will come along and correct me.  I'm just saying I use the chest strap to get the HR more accurate during activities for the info on GC.  Without the chest strap the watch still records HR but is not as accurate as the chest strap.  If I'm wearing it anyway to broadcast to the Edge 530, I might as well broadcast to the watch as well.

• I believe Cranky K is right.

As far as I can tell, the Heart Rate Glance in the GC web version shows the same historical data as that in the GC mobile app up to the last sync and is derived from a device paired with the app (ie a Garmin watch or HRM Pro?) or HRM strap paired with a Garmin watch.

I don’t have an HRM strap but I’d guess that if it isn’t directly paired with the GC mobile app or watch, the data won’t be seen in the Glances, even if it’s in the Edge activity data.