Why altimeters in Edge 530 are not the same as wth Forerunner 245?

I use a Edge 530 for cycling and wear also a Garmin Forerunner 245.
Riding a course with both it also results in different altimeters.

Today the ride was 67 k: Edga 530 measured 452 altimeters and Forerunner 245 came to a result of 317 meter.
How accurate are those measurements?

• it is known problem (at least by me :D) , same situation between new Edge x40 series and FRx65 too, if the terrain contains too much flat and/or tiny rolling up and down parts, then the Edge is measuring more (it has not so strong smoothing filter i assume than the FR or Fenix devices, different teams develop the firmware...), if the terrain is just up and down with minimal flat (in the Alps for example), the 2 devices has almost similar measurements. if you put the altimeter charts on same graph, it looks exactly the same in every cases (flat or with heavy mountains), just the calculation of the total ascent and descent is different...

• The 245 doesn't have an altimeter. Altitude comes from the GPS.

• i forgot this :D but the x30 (and the x40 even more) series are measuring more and more total ascent on the same training rounds comparing to x20 series (or the x10) or Fenix3 (or in my latest case, to FR965), so they should have optimize the Edge's smoothing/filtering a bit ....