Slow responding Garmin Edge 530

Since last week, my Garmin Edge has been responding slowly. This is mainly noticeable when displaying my power output while cycling. When I'm cycling and do a sprint, it takes about 3 - 4 seconds before I see my high wattages. The same applies when I suddenly stop pedaling; it takes at least five seconds before the wattages display zero. Previously, this was immediate. I have checked it with multiple power meters. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

• Try the catch-all "forced power down soft reset".  Whilst turned on, hold the power button down continually until it starts to reboot and you see the Garmin startup logo appear.  It generally needs the power button held down for about 10 seconds.  This soft reset can cure a multitude of problems.

• Thank you for your message, but unfortunately, this also does not help solve the problem. I was looking into performing a hard reset. I read on the internet that this should be done by pressing the lap and start buttons simultaneously and then turning on my device. This doesn't work. Do you how to do a hard reset on the edge 530?