530 stuck in bootloop

Any news yet, before I contact Garmin support?

It mysteriously started a firmware update in the middle of the Scottish highlands on gravel paths, and is now stuck in a bootloop. No sequence of button pressing on the edge as advised works. Can’t even turn it off. 
without my iPhone and RWGPS app with downloaded offline maps as backup, I would’ve had some serious nav “issues”. Don’t know why I keep buying Garmin.

• Press and hold the power button continuously until it starts a proper reboot.  Usually takes about 10 seconds of holding the button down continually.  Let up on the button when you see the Garmin logo reappear.  This is a "soft reset", provides a forced power down and reboot without disturbing data or settings.  Often fixes a multitude of ills.

• Thanks for the reply. Appreciated. That was one of the sequences I’d already tried. It powers off the unit, but when I try and turn back non, it te enters the boot loop. Shrug♂️

• With the power off. Hold the lap button down and connect it to a PC. Keeping holding the lap button. This should force it into mass storage mode. This might then give you options to fix it.

• Thanks all, been in touch with Garmin support, surprisingly, it’s out of warranty - just. I’m no conspiracy theorist but seem to remember my Edge 500 going *** up after a firmware update too - funnily enough, that was just out of warranty as well. Do either pay £112 for a second hand 530 from Garmin, or chuck it and buy new. With any new device from Garmin, tabs committing to auto firmware update will be well and truly turned off prior to warranty ending. I wouldn’t put anything past any global company involving IT at its core.I’m 

• My Edge 500 has done that a couple of times over the last 8 years. I let the battery run down and then did a full charge. Of course I had to wait a day for it to run down. That was a surprise that the battery had that much charge capacity left after all those years. But it's still in use. Been looking for a cheap-used 530. If I wanted to spend more money I'd probably look at the 84x series, but it has more features than I would every use.