edge 530 wont connect to i phone 12 mini

Former Member
Former Member

I had an older i phone to which my 530 was paired. I migrated everything to a new i phone and used it a few months no problem. Recently i deleted all my bluetooth devices and now i cannot re connect to my garmin connect app.

The phone sees the edge no prob and shows it connected but the app show a failed connection. My devices in the app shows my old 810 and the new 530,m so garmin knows i have it.

i have tried all possible combinations, on the edge settings>connected features> phone>pair smartphone>continue the next screen shows either allow connections from i phone(my name) i click ok but no bueno, sometimes the app on the phone immediately jumps to the previous screen, sometimes it takes a while to inform me not connected, sometimes it shows a code on both screens sometimes it dont. I have tried all possible variations, first click the one then the other. Also tries all possible permutaions following this guide

https://youtu.be/6EoRFxaF7b0?si=JzOkFhbTZHiGGqwF

phone keeps telling me edge is connected, garmin connect app keeps telling me no.

Super frustrating.

i have reset everything, turned off and turned back on all wifi bluetooth etc options, getting mayor smash impulses please help

• These steps worked when I upgraded my iPhone.

Delete the Edge Bluetooth connection on the phone.

Delete the phone Bluetooth connection on the Edge.

In the GC App, remove the Edge as a device if it’s there.

Reboot the phone and Edge.

Start the pairing process again as per the Garmin Instructions.

Pairing Your Smartphone

Optionally, delete and re-install the GC app on the phone.