Recording while in navigatioon

I have only used my 530 to record rides in either Road or Mountain Bike activity profiles. I am going to be riding in an event with a course loaded on the device. How do I go about recording my ride while I am in navigation? Will all data be recorded as not in navigation?

• Recording an activity and navigating are independent actions, so press Start, Stop & Save as you normally do.

If you are to strictly follow a course, it’s wise to switch off route recalculation (Menu>Settings>[your Activity Profile]>Navigation>Routing>Recalc=OFF). Leave off-course warnings on to know if you've taken a wrong turn

• To expand on @PeterK_55 response, since the recording and navigating are independent, it doesn't matter if you start recording before or after you launch the course to follow.  You can stop the course anytime during the ride without stopping the recording and even start a new course.  This can be handy if you have a smaller course option or detour loaded.  You can stop the main course, launch the detour, and when the detour ends reload the original course even though you aren't at the start.  (You can pick up navigation anywhere along the route, you don't have to be at the beginning.)