This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reply to AravilarE , ref. https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-530/316888/edge-530-training-effect-reset-after-crash

I had the first mid-ride crash today having owned Edge 530 for appr. 18 months. OK, in fact it is my second device, becausethe 1st 530 has died after 13 months.

I did not do Back to start, but actually I rode a Course. I dont know whether  this course caused the crash or not, but anyway it happened after appr. 2 hours of having no problems with the course.

Indeed, aerobic TE, anaerobic TE, EPOC (Load in GC)  all have reset, while NP, TSS and all the other data being averages of something were OK after 530 has restarted itself, and I pushed "start" button.

Interestingly I got the Recovery HR message although less than 1 minute has elapsed after the crash. Old devices had a sort of cutoff time of  2 minutes

Although my max power (for 1 second) was 607 watts I could achieve an even higher new  FTP.

Thanks should go to my "eagle eyes", because I could see that a fake "peak power over 20 minutes" (or similar) message popped up shortly and only for a second, and it was also over 600 watts. OK, I must confess that I have an eagle memory, too. :-)

The fake FTP was saved after Iaccepted it, but not the fake record of 20 minutes max watts.

PS: I HAVE NO CLUE WHY THREADS WITH  BUG REPORTS WRITTEN IN A PROPER WAY ARE LOCKED. BUGS EXIST AND ONE CANNOT FIGHT AGAINST THEM WITH LOCKS.