This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you edit the ride summary screen? (or please add battery % remaining to ride summary)

I can easily edit the ride data screens, but is there a way to edit the ride summary screen?  If there is a way, I have not found it.  I would love to be able to add battery % remaining to the summary, so at the end of my ride, I can easily determine if I need to recharge my Garmin.   The tiny battery picture at the top is not the easiest to estimate remaining.    I live in Florida and there are no hills, and can easily do away with the summary elevation data and VAM….heck, I think I am always riding at sea level. 

So Garmin, if you are listening….and if you cannot already do it…..please add the ability to edit the Ride Summary page, or if not…please consider adding % battery remaining to that summary, or is there another easy way to see % battery remaining.   

Currently, I have battery remaining % added to my second page of data screens and have to start a new ride, just to see the % remaining and then delete the new ride.   (and yes, sometimes I remember to turn to this page right before I end my ride…….but it is so much easier when I am looking at the summary….IMO.)   

• Addendum…..just spoke with Garmin….and it is not exactly the answer I wanted….but it works.   The summary screen is not editable.   There is an easy way to pull up the battery % that I was not aware of….that works though…..from the main screen of the device….if you hit the up arrow button (the middle button on the left)…it pulls up some key stats (Battery remaining %, GPS strength, Brightness, Phone connection.)  I think I perhaps have come upon this screen accidentally in the past a couple times, but never really remembered it.   I post this, in case someone else is looking for an easy way to see % battery remaining.   

• That's part of basic use of the unit.  Right at the top of the home screen there is an arrow pointing up marked "Satus", directing you to this feature.  You also don't have to start a new ride just to look at your data pages.  Top right button to enter into the ride category you want and just page through the screens to what you want without starting to record a ride, although I wouldn't do this just to look at battery percentage.  The Status screen is easiest for that.

I'd recommend looking through the manual to perhaps discover some other features you aren't currently aware of.

• I read through the entire manual a couple of years ago when I got the unit……but like most people…..you remember the features that you use.   And I got into the habit of just turning the unit on, and starting my ride…(after fine tuning the data screens like I wanted them over the first couple months I owned the 530).   This is my third Garmin cycling computer……and all of them got a lot of use.