This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Since the last update this week I cannot use a route and navigate, no found maps and several crashes

I cancelled several routes this week as I think the memory was full and would not synchronise new ones.

After this it started to keep uploading software updates. Yesterday and today went for rides and wanted to navigate the saved routes, to no avail. I can load the route and start it and then it would give a message like it cannot find map material.

I experienced several crashes, it then rebooted and the activity was still going on.

Normal rides are recorded fine.

I have the feeling that one update did not go through well or does not fully work...

Any suggestion on what to do?

Thanks

• Considering the last update was 2 months ago, it sounds to me that you have had your 530 that cluttered up, with courses and probably a big history file, that when you cleared a bit of space, your 530 tried updating this update from 2 months ago and ran out of space or was interrupted and the update has failed corrupting things etc.

I have never seen any reason why to ram lots of courses onto a 530 and keep history files, it's stupidity. I keep about 10 courses that I constantly ride and anything one off, gets deleted after the ride. If it has to be ridden again, you can put it back in again if you keep records on a PC or use Garmin connect. Same with history files, they get cleared off every week.

This way I know my 530 will always have lots of spare space on it

• I realised later that unstarring a strava course did not mean remove it from Garmin.... It is really tedious to you cancel all the route manually on the garmin (I would much prefer doing that in Connect or Express). Never mind. Will keep cancelling and trying to get the updates through or else wipe it and reinstall it. Thanks anyway

• If you plug the unit into a computer you can browse the file system on the unit and delete courses that way. Select as many as you want at once and hit delete.