This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rescan for sensors

TL;DR: how do you tell the 530 to rescan for sensors (beyond the initial 5 minutes or so search period)?

Had an issue with my 530 yesterday whereby it dropped all the sensors post cafe stop (slept the device, woke it up, accidentally saved the ride rather than unpausing it, immediately started a new ride yet now with no sensors connected). I had to go into each of my sensors and select "Connect" and each one immediately connected. But not the easiest to do with the button interface while cycling along. Whereas with a touch Edge device (1030, 1040) from the status screen next to where it shows the sensor icons, there's a refresh button that can be pressed to initiate a "look for everything" scan. Surely it must be possible to do the same on a 530?

Thanks.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I see that with my power meter too. eg if the power meter is not "active" during initial scan, then it will not be detected until I manually connect it. 

so note to self - make sure PM is on and active before turning on the Edge, ie before initial scan.

• I'm having a similar or worse issue since the last software update.  Up to now, my Edge 530 seemed pretty solid. Typically no dropped sensors during a ride, but sometimes when I stop and start the activity during longer breaks, the sensors wouldn't automatically reconnect.

However, recently it seems that I *never* get the sensors to connect automatically unless I power off the device and power it back on.  I used to never power down the device between rides - just put it to sleep.  Now it won't connect to sensors unless I manually connect or power down / power up the device.