This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Not connecting to route when I join mid point. Edge 530

I seem to have difficulty connecting to a route when I don't start at the beginning. I ride with a friend and when he designs a course starting from his house I meet him a couple of miles into the route my 530 doesn't connect to the route and keeps trying to send me to the start or telling me to U turn. Anyone else had this?

• Maybe turn off "Off course warnings" ?

Just so we're clear...  your friend sends you a new course, you download it to your Garmin and the above happens?

• Yes that's correct.  He designed the route,  sent it to me and it starts from his house. I load the course and ride about 5 minutes to the route which is about 2 miles into it where we meetat a pre arranged spot..  So although I have the ride loaded it doesn't let me follow the route and keeps trying to send me to his house where the route starts even though I've clicked no on the return to start option 

• Firstly, make sure route recalculation is off and secondly, don’t load the course until at the point where you are to join it. Don’t accept the offer to navigate to the start if it pops up.

Note that recording your activity and navigating are independent, so the course can be even be loaded anytime after starting recording your ride.

Off course warnings won’t be a factor. It’s a passive warning and won’t actively contribute to navigation.