This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth connection drops since 9.40

Hello,

I use 530 updated to 9.50 + fenixes 6 pro watches with Iphone 12.

doing a normal ride I receive a lot of notifications on the iphone that the Garmin Connect has lost connection to 530. even though on the 530 edge display it seems that connection is established. 

does anyone knows how to workaround the connection drops? 

• I have just had a round of issues with my Edge 530 also. I had an iPhone 6S when I got the 530. I have a Garmin Duo HRM, I have an Assioma UNO single-sided pedal power meter/cadence sensor and a Moofit spindle mounted speed sensor. All were working fine together. The 6S iPhone got drowned when I capsized my sculling boat, and I replaced it with an iPhone 12. Everything was paired to the new phone and running the latest firmware. All was fine for a few weeks. Sensors and the phone started disconnecting and reconnecting. It got worse with every ride. Through these forums, I got the idea to try riding with the phone powered off. No sensor drop with the phone off. The next ride, I disabled the incident detection but left the phone powered on. Still no sensor drop. So, the tracking/incident detection was apparently causing the issue. I can live with that, but the feature should work, period. Possibly, iPhone and Garmin updates are rendering incompatibilities within certain features until one or the other makes a fix in the next release. Absurd that we, as customers, have to solve our own problems!

• That's a great discovery, that the incident detection is the culprit. I'll check that out.

Just adding that iPhone is not there alone, Android phone are "enjoying" the same phenomena.

• Nice catch! will try this trick. I wonder how it uses the connection all the time

• The issue came back today, and I had to turn phone off again. Checked my Edge 530 again, and I still had Group Tracking enabled. I have turned this off and will check again to see if the issue goes away again and stays fixed this time.