This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Adding Europe maps to my Edge 530. Garmin Express says not enough room

I have an Australian Edge. I have 13gb free. Downloaded Garmin EU maps. Garmin Express keeps telling me I don't have enough room.

How can I make this work? plenty of room on my Mac and plenty on the Garmin 

Do I have to take the AU maps off?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Thank you for making that change. Unfortunately, the information was not available at the time I made the map purchase, so I was unable to use the downloaded map on my device and had to pursue other options.All in all, it was a frustrating experience using the Edge and not knowing until the day we started riding whether or not the Open Streets map I had downloaded was actually going to appear. I am underwhelmed by Garmin at this point.

• thank you for taking the time to update us and share feedback about your experience. We have made improvements to managing maps on newer Edge cycling computers with Garmin Express. The Edge 530 has a limitation on the available storage space and can support only one regional cycle map at a time. Removing some of the original map files is necessary to create enough space to install a new map. The original map can be restored later so long as the gmapbmap.img file has not been removed.

I understand this process may have caused frustration on your end. Please keep an eye out for a follow up email from Garmin.