This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Showing route and km/h

Hello, is it possible for the garmin to show a loaded course and miles per hour menu at the same time?

If not, is it possible to show the miles per hour menu while I'm riding a course and the garmin will  only navigate me when I have to turn?

So basically, I want to know my speed and at the same time follow the map. If one of the above is possible, how do I get it to work like this?

• You can't add data fields to the map page (as far as i know), but you can enable turn by turn navigation. This will give you alerts for the turns whilst you are on your normal screen, with all your chosen data fields. If the turn is a bit complicated you can always scroll to the map page briefly. it should give you a pop up map but i didn't find that reliable as the scale was too zoomed in. This bug might have been fixed (no longer a 530 owner)

• Yes it is possible to change the data pages on the map page, I changed mine to show "Crs Pt Dist" and "Lap Distance" which makes it ideal for the events that I do but I did used to have "Speed" and "Dist to Destination"

To do it:-

Go into "Activity Profile"

Select "Data Screens"

Select "Map"

Select "Layout"

And from that point you can add extra data fields and whatever you want them to be.

• The zoomed in too far at junctions bug has been fixed in the latest update!

• You can change the Map display to have 1 big data field at the bottom of it (Open Activity profile -> Data Screens -> Map -> Select Layout). Then download the Connect IQ app: MapDashboardMS and select that one as the data field. You'll now have 6 data fields you can customise to show below your map.