This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 530 Public Beta 9.24 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 530 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the link below.

Edge 530: https://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=14953 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 9.22 to 9.24:

• Fixed automatic maximum heart rate detection.
  • Added the ability to perform the FTP test with power data coming from a trainer.

Changes made from version 9.20 to 9.22:

• Changed gear battery data field to display percentage remaining if available, which affects Shimano Di2 single-battery systems.
  • Updated sensor low battery prompts to differentiate between low and critical status.
  • Fixed issue where distance could stop accumulating.
  • Fixed issue where text message sender names would display incorrectly.
  • even with this update, the Sram Etap 11s sensors are lost/found all the time.Not any progress at all, after two updates.My 530 is only connected with this sensor and still it is lost/found all the time.

• Some things are really fishy!

1st, after installing the beta, the Edge notified me it found the Power meter on my bikes.

The bikes are more than 5m away, behind walls and it is shut down (Specialized Levo SL).

2nd, for I can't count how many updates of both Garmin Express on my Win10 and my Garmin Edge, the Garmin Express finds my unit w/o it being connected and even say it has V9.10 to install for it...It even saying it is "syncing" it....Even if it's closed/reset whatever...

• Still nothing for 

Sensor error radar 0:9 Weary

• SRM Power Meter Drops for 30+ seconds Weary

• Just installed the new beta (coming from 9.22) and stuck in a boot loop. Tried several steps, but entering the loop again and again. It isn't the first beta I installed, can't even get to the mass storage.

• Thank you all for your feedback. We have identified the issue regarding freezing/rebooting and will have a release ready later this week.

If you have experienced the rebooting or freezing during boot up and want to stay with 9.24 or go back to 9.10 please follow the instructions below:

1. Hold lap key while plugged in to go into mass storage.
    2. Open Garmin --> Delete Apps Folder (consider saving off a copy to restore when the new release is available - some things will not fully restore and you might need to redownload the apps)
    3. If you're staying on 9.24, avoid using CIQ for now.
  • Thank's, that solved the boot loop.

• What about the sensor error radar 0:9 ???

do we need to buy wahoo instead of garmin to use the radar ?

• Changes made from version 9.22 to 9.24:

• Fixed automatic maximum heart rate detection.
    • Added the ability to perform the FTP test with power data coming from a trainer.

Currently (from User Manual) ..

"Before you can conduct a test to determine your functional threshold power (FTP), you must have a paired power meter and heart rate monitor"

Does the change only relate to the source of the power data or does it also remove the HR requirement, most FTP tests, including the one in the (Garmin) Tacx Training App, does not require HR data?